Nokia N73 as a Scanner
Want to scan documents or business cards on the move? You can use your Nokia N73 as a scanner to scan the documents and business cards and converts them to PDFs, provided you have internet connection enabled on your phone. The service is currently free and they promise, there will be a free option always.
Things you need.
1. Nokia N73 (well all S60 3rd edition phones are supported. Other phones can use the java version)
2. An internet connection (data plan). Preferably unlimited. Because we need to send pictures taken at the best resolutions.
4. Upon installation it will ask you to create an account with an email address and password. The email should be valid because, the documents will be sent at this address. (I used a gmail address since we have the gmail application for checking mails from phone.)
5. Now use your camera with at least 2Mega Pixel resolution to take photos of your Documents / Whiteboards / Business Cards.
6. Now open the application. Each and every image files will be displayed. You have to mark an image as Whiteboard, Document or Business Card.You also have an option to go to your camera for taking new pictures. Once the item is marked as appropriate, you can upload your image.
7. You will get three options.
- Just Upload – The documents (actually link to documents) will be sent to your email address given at the time of registration
- Other email – Use this option to specify a different email address
- Fax – The document will be faxed. (Check the FAQ for availability in your country)
8. Now wait until the mail arrives in your inbox. Once it is arrived you can click on the link and login to see your documents. Or you can visit https://www.scanr.com/Account/myScans.aspx
Read more about at http://www.scanr.com/help.aspx